Dear ADSI Teachers,
Welcome back from your holidays!
This term we will implement Cycle 2: KD module 2 in the ADSI course called: ICT & Project-Based Learning in the STEM Classroom. We will start communicating early so that you can prepare your projects and webquests.
In Module 2 you will be introduced to the theme of how to use webquests and project-based in STEM teaching and learning.
The Module is structured into two units and four topics
- The module unit 1 topics 1 &
2 looks at Use of ICT webquests & Project based Learning in Science,
Mathematics and English and pedagogical strategies.
- Topic 1: Use of Webquests
- Topic 2: what is Project-Based Learning
- The module unit 2 topics 1 and 2
look at computer practical and lesson design using and developing ‘webquests
and making a unit lesson to implement project-based learning
- Topic 1: Exploring and developing Webquests
- Topic 2: Applying ICT in STEM curriculum
You can access the first unit and topic of the module at: http://adsiteachers.gesci.org/course/view.php?id=29
- The module will have one chat and 2 discussion forums
- The module has computer practical activities and classroom planning activities that you submit to your portfolio.
Remember that in order to get certification you have to participate in one chat and one forum discussion, as well as submit the portfolio Unit lesson plan, webquest and Student product presentation.
Your tutor will be sending you by email a welcome letter with details of your groups and the module. We maintain the same groups that we had for Module 1 for chats and Discussion Forums.
All the best in your experience of online learning with ADSI in Project-based learning – enjoy!
Wishing you an enjoyable learning experience in the module 1.
Your ADSI online Tutor Team, Esther, Christine, Charles, John, George